- Vaccine strategy needs rethink after resistant variants emerge, say scientists
- When will Britain’s Covid lockdown be lifted? Three scenarios
- Freedom and fairness: vaccine passport plans cause global unease
- ‘Another wave is possible’: Paris braces for UK variant
- Mexico’s vaccine program sees disastrous launch
In other dreadful pandemic news. Agence-France Presse reports ebola is resurgent in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
DR Congo on Sunday announced a “resurgence” of Ebola in its troubled east after a woman died of the disease, just three months after authorities declared the end of the country’s latest outbreak.
China reported 14 new mainland Covid-19 cases on 7 February, official data showed on Monday, up slightly from a day earlier. All new cases originated from overseas.
The number of new asymptomatic cases, which China does not classify as confirmed Covid-19 cases, rose to 16 from 10 a day earlier, the National Health Commission said in a statement.